Client Choices for the Session
I am happy to make selections that enhance your session; however, I believe that it is important for you to know that you have choices. You have the ability to select options that will create the environment most suitable to you at this time. Feel free to ask questions if you would like guidance or more information.
Oil and Balm choices
I use only all-natural products, without chemical or artificial additives. Where possible I use organic, unrefined, and cold pressed ingredients. Please alert me if you have allergies, sensitivities or fragrance concerns.
- Soothing balm: This is a rich, luxurious salve, high in vitamins and nutrients, that melts into your skin, leaving it silky and nourished.
Ingredients: cocoa butter, avocado oil, apricot kernel oil, beeswax, jojoba oil, St.John's wort herbal oil (infused olive oil, Vitamin E), calendula oil (infused olive oil, Vitamin E), evening primrose oil.
- Arnica oil or gel: the oil is infused olive oil with a bit of vitamin E. The gel is a homeopathic Boiron product.
- Helios Topical Pain Spray and "Pocket" Roll-On: This analgesic oil is for relief of sore muscles, joints, nerves, ligaments and tendons associated with arthritis, backaches, neck tension, headaches and other related symptoms. 100% natural, botanical essential oils with over 20 natural pain relieving and muscle relaxing compounds, combine in a soothing aroma-therapeutic solution. This oil is used for spot treatments in sore areas. Applying heat on top of the oil allows even greater benefits in relaxing and soothing tight areas. Ingredients: menthol, essential oils of peppermint, nutmeg, lavender, clove, and black pepper, jojoba and apricot oil, alcohol, and flower essences of self heal, oak, sunflower, pine and vervain.
- Emu Oil: is the smallest of oil molecules, allowing it to absorb readily into skin and joints. Emu oil contains high levels of linolenic acid, known to ease joint pain, and oleic acid, which has local anti-inflammatory effects.
Adjunct therapies and options
- Heat therapy: Heated rice packs can be placed on tight/sore muscles or just used for soothing relaxation.
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils can be added to the balm for beneficial effects and scent.
- Eye pillow: An eye pillow can be used when you are face up to enhance your relaxation.
- Bolsters: If you feel at all uncomfortable on the massage table, please alert me. Additional padding and pillows may be used to increase your sense of ease and comfort.
- bodyCushionTM: This cushion system allows you to lie face-down, face-up, or on your side without unnecessary pressure in any areas, supporting your natural body curves. It is adjustable to allow an extensive range of body types maximum support and comfort. Wonderful to use when pregnant.
You are welcome to bring in appropriate choices of music from home. I have a couple of playlists and many CDs available to choose from. Most of the music is soothing and quiet, but we can also utilize more upbeat music if it suits the session. You also have the option of no music.